Social Media Job
Social Media & Online Marketing
We are looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
The goal is to ensure that we hit targets set for ‘Direct’ Business – attained through our own website at www.olpro.co.uk , gradually achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of social media marketing.
The person will develop and implement, track and optimize our digital marketing and engagement campaigns across all channels.
They will need to be someone who can think on their feet and develop strategies to get the best from our online presence.
The first indicator of success is hitting the target required. The second is to ensure that the level and quality of content we are putting out is correct to ensure that our Brand continues to grow.
The target required is measured in terms of footfall and turnover.
The type of person we are looking for is someone who can work within a small but growing company where things happen fast and we are very much working at the front line in terms of customer engagement. The person must be robust, resilient and extremely well organized.
- Build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination (although we have identified a lot of outlets) , benchmarking, messaging and audience identification. We have set growth targets across al platforms which give us another indicator of success. We believe growth can through great engagement and content.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action. Outlets include daily use of Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Ads, Our own Blog, Other Blogger engagement, Instagram, You Tube, Our own site, Working on our own SEO, Google Shopping, Google +, Pinterest, Reddit, Linkedin, Email (Mailchimp) &Ebay.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community but ensure we have engagement across all platforms as well as producing new content.
- Create editorial calendar.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
To summarise some of the daily jobs they include:
Responsible for the following:
Buffer – Updating Buffer on a daily basis which feeds posts to Facebook and Twitter. These are important snippets doing three things:
- Promoting products.
- Promoting our events/ Promotions.
- Interesting re-tweetable information in relation to the interests of our followers.
Important that these are quality and interesting posts.
Facebook – As well as the above the person will look after and control Facebook Adverts for which we have a monthly budgets. These adverts are there to increase traffic onto our site. Again it’s about the quality of images and text.
Blog – We have Wordpress Blog for which we need updating every two weeks. The update can be then be posted via other Social Media and is linked to via our website.
Instagram – Our Instagram needs a lot of work. We need regular posts onto Instagram – new images of products and products in use to encourage people to come to our site and buy.
Videos – We need to make sure there are videos of all products.
Website – Help and support with updating the website. This means increasing the quality of the products on there, adding new products to the site, and increasing the quality of the other pages on there – such as the FAQs page.
SEO – Looking at the SEO of the site – finding ways of increasing traffic to the website and ensuring the website comes up on searches.
Google Shopping- Ensuring all products always appear on Google shopping and this is maintained.
Pinterest – Update Pinterest.
Reddit – Work on Reddit SubReddit posts.
Linkedin – Create an OLPRO Linkedin presence.
The goal is to increase traffic to our website through quality online content. The person will be working with the rest of the team. The person will also work within the website – developing and working with the apps we use ‘within’ the website to make it all better.